This scheme comes under the Ministry Of Women And Child Development, Government Of India. The main objective of the scheme is
- To cater to the primary need of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the women in distress and who are without any social and economic support.
- To enable them to regain their emotional strength that gets hampered due to their encounter with unfortunate circumstances.
- To provide them with legal aid and guidance to enable them to take steps for their readjustment in family/society.
- To act as a support system that understands and meets various requirements of women in distress.
- To enable them to start their life afresh with dignity and conviction.
The total floor space of this Home is 5500 Sq.ft. It has a Residents Superintendent room, Bathrooms, and the side walls are tiled.
This home is furnished with 30 double iron cots to accommodate 60 inmates with 52 safety lockers to keep their personal things safe. The Home is fitted with lights, fans and night lamps for the comfort of the inmates. Each inmate is provided with a cot, mat, pillow with covers ,bed sheets, towels, etc. Everyone has access to television for recreation. The mini-library has a collection of 1500 books on topics like self confidence, the art of living, real life stories, mind concentration progress, womens rights, historical stories, medicine, education and health.
Indoor and Outdoor games materials are available for relaxation. Fire fighting equipments are fitted in strategic places for emergency use Stock register on clothes like chudithars, sarees, blouses, petticoats, Children's clothes, nighties, etc which are meant for distribution to inmates is maintained.